Definition of solo climbing in English:
The sport of climbing unaided by ropes and other equipment, and without the assistance of other people.
- The basic games include: bouldering, indoor climbing, free rock climbing, trad rock climbing, solo climbing aid climbing, ice climbing and alpine climbing.
- At the other end it encompasses such suicidal pursuits as solo climbing and high-level mountaineering.
- I was into solo climbing for a while, but what happens then is that when you go and do these things, and have these amazing experiences, it can be difficult to socialise.
solo climber noun
- Example sentences
- As a technical solo climber, my life literally depended on the sturdiness of my gear, and I took great care in its construction.
- Once we topped out, we looked back at the solo climber trailing behind us and wondered how he would do.
- They provide an inexpensive option for small teams and solo climbers to realize their dreams.
Definition of solo climbing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan