- The production of recurrent and multiple medical symptoms with no discernible organic cause.More example sentences
- A few patients are seriously disabled through a long history of many unexplained symptoms, defined as somatisation disorder.
- It's one of a number of different somatoform disorders, the most serious of which is somatization disorder, a condition that is roughly 10 times more common in women than in men.
- The psychiatric disorders associated with somatization, specifically anxiety and depression, respond well to pharmacologic treatment.
More definitions of somatizationDefinition of somatization in:
- The British & World English dictionary