noun (plural sombreros)
- A broad-brimmed felt or straw hat, typically worn in Mexico and the southwestern US.More example sentences
- The Cat's Meow is an intriguing velvet cloche hat amidst the bowlers, sombreros, hardhats, and baseball caps in the Hollywood closet.
- And whether riding a gondola in Venice, wearing a sombrero in Mexico or joining local traditions, this pope always added a touch of style.
- A multi-coloured straw sombrero from Acapulco in Mexico seemed equally out of place on the Christmas tree.
Spanish, from sombra 'shade' (see somber).
More definitions of sombreroDefinition of sombrero in:
- The British & World English dictionary