Definition of somebody in English:
1Some person; someone.
- Claire decided that she must have fallen asleep at the party, and somebody had taken her home.
- There are so many characters that you're bound to end up identifying with somebody.
- You are at a party, and you have been chatting to somebody who seems very nice.
2A person of importance or authority: I’d like to be somebody [as noun]: nobodies who want to become somebodies
More example sentences
- We're talking about La-la-land, people, where nearly everyone's a star, if only in their own minds, and those who happen not to be somebodies always made a point of never being awed by star power.
- These people are political no-bodies who fancy themselves to be somebodies.
- In the tradition of two of America's greatest social commentators, Alexis de Tocqueville and Thorstein Veblen, Fuller points out that we are all somebodies and nobodies, that dignity is non-negotiable.
Words that rhyme with somebodyLombardy • nobody
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.