To a moderate extent or by a moderate amount: matters have improved somewhat since then [as submodifier]: a somewhat thicker book
More example sentences
- Also this post would be rather dull, and somewhat limited if I did not quote the email.
- Matters were getting somewhat out of hand with those native to the city finding it hard to get a house.
- Following the link took me to a page somewhat like this, which was all rather scary to say the least.
- Something of: it was somewhat of a disappointmentMore example sentences
- Far fewer people speak English in the suburbs, so going out for dinner becomes somewhat of an adventure.
- Hiding what I disapprove of on my face is somewhat of a challenge.
- Like Winston, he noted how the debate has come to somewhat of a standstill.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.