Definition of somewhat in English:
To a moderate extent or by a moderate amount: matters have improved somewhat since then [as submodifier]: a somewhat thicker book
More example sentences
- Also this post would be rather dull, and somewhat limited if I did not quote the email.
- Matters were getting somewhat out of hand with those native to the city finding it hard to get a house.
- Following the link took me to a page somewhat like this, which was all rather scary to say the least.
- Something of: it was somewhat of a disappointmentMore example sentences
- Far fewer people speak English in the suburbs, so going out for dinner becomes somewhat of an adventure.
- Hiding what I disapprove of on my face is somewhat of a challenge.
- Like Winston, he noted how the debate has come to somewhat of a standstill.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan