- Tending to induce sleep; soporific.More example sentences
- They all indulge in their familiar, somniferous spiels.
- This book helps put aside what the late Prof. Takaaki Aikawa described as the ‘somniferous romanticism’ with which the Westerner approaches Japanese studies.
- In somniferous mumbles, he reads aloud the entire song.
early 17th century: from Latin somnifer (from somnium 'dream') + -ous.
More definitions of somniferousDefinition of somniferous in:
- The British & World English dictionary