A person who writes popular songs or the music for them.
More example sentences
- One of the greatest mysteries in the music business is how songwriters get their songs recorded.
- When I joined it was three songwriters writing music for a laugh.
- Celebrated songwriter Irving Berlin initially wrote the song without thinking too deeply about it.
- More example sentences
- His songwriting is rich in melody, set to complex yet infectious rhythms tinged with the influence of his African roots.
- However, if the songwriting serves the musician, it singularly fails to understand the man.
- In terms of songwriting and musicianship the record is an improvement on the last.
Definition of songwriter in:
- The British & World English dictionary