Definition of sonicate in English:
verb[with object] (usually be sonicated)
Subject (a biological sample) to ultrasonic vibration so as to fragment the cells, macromolecules, and membranes.
- The sample was sonicated to clarity in a sonication bath (Ultrawave).
- The samples were sonicated for 30 min, followed by centrifugation and overnight incubation at 65°C as described above.
- The samples were sonicated for 12 sec and cell number was analyzed using a Coulter counter.
nounBack to top
A biological sample that has been sonicated.
- Finally, the sonicate in the third cuvette was additionally treated with DNase for another 1 h at 25 deg C, then Cyan 40 was added and the emission spectrum was recorded.
- The sonicate was cleared by centrifugation at 12,000 g for 30 minutes at 4°C.
- The sonicate was cleared by microcentrifugation for 5 min at 4° and mixed with the anti-HA.11 antibody coupled to Sepharose beads (prewashed three times with lysis buffer).
Definition of sonicate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan