- A buoy equipped to detect underwater sounds and transmit them by radio.More example sentences
- The ship can be used as a testbed for a range of naval systems including sonobuoys, small towed underwater systems, electronic warfare and the development of signature control technologies.
- The Seahawks have been dropping new sonobuoys and recording the data for the AJAAC specialists to analyse.
- Handling sonobuoys on the deck and carrying sonobuoys on aircraft, especially helicopters, stresses the lithium-battery package.
More definitions of sonobuoyDefinition of sonobuoy in:
- The British & World English dictionary