Definition of sophistry in English:
noun (plural sophistries)
1The use of fallacious arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving.
- But Keynes smoothed over the harsh Marxist anti-individualism with artful sophistry and clever rhetoric into something salable to Americans.
- The Guardian's argumentation is pure sophistry.
- It must be confessed that there is an air of sophistry about this argument - and I certainly have doubts about its cogency.
1.1A fallacious argument.
- There are then, several sophistries involved in abdicating our positions to cultural corruption.
- I think you've been doing it so long you don't even recognize anymore that they're nothing but sophistries.
- When you bombard them with sophistries, wrong messages and show them only dead-ends, that is where you finally reach.