nounMusic (plural sopraninos)
- An instrument, especially a recorder or saxophone, higher than soprano.More example sentences
- Of the other sizes, the sopranino and the B bass are fairly common, with instruments smaller than the sopranino being very rare.
- A few special pleasures among many: listen to the opening concerto, for example, where the sopranino recorder is cast in the role of a goldfinch.
- Maybe, but I find the bravura in the C major one for sopranino recorder even more remarkable.
early 20th century: Italian, diminutive of soprano.
More definitions of sopraninoDefinition of sopranino in:
- The British & World English dictionary