- 1A dessert consisting of frozen fruit juice or flavored water and sugar.More example sentences
- For dessert you can make a fabulous tangerine sorbet using the juice and peel.
- Low-fat means sorbet, ices, frozen yogurt, sherbet, or low-fat ice cream.
- There's must-have chocolate, sugared cookies, even splashy sips of champagne or sparkling fruit juice over teensy scoops of sorbet.
- 1.1 • archaic An Arabian sherbet.More example sentences
- That's right, sherbets and sorbets originally were drinks made from sweetened fruit juice.
late 16th century: from French, from Italian sorbetto, from Turkish şerbet, based on Arabic šariba 'to drink'; compare with sherbet.
More definitions of sorbetDefinition of sorbet in:
- The British & World English dictionary