- A small wooden rod wedged between the front and back surfaces of a violin or similar instrument and modifying its vibrations.More example sentences
- Douglas’ design does away with the soundwell and utilizes sound posts to support the top.
- We also have bridges, saddles, nuts, end pins, sound posts and other double bass parts available.
- The sound post must be properly set in order to obtain the richness of sound from the instrument.
More definitions of sound postDefinition of sound post in:
- The British & World English dictionary