- A wave of compression and rarefaction, by which sound is propagated in an elastic medium such as air.More example sentences
- Ultrasound uses high frequency sound waves and magnetic resonance imaging uses radio waves.
- Instead of sound waves, the team used a powerful laser pulse to create a bubble inside the water tank.
- The bubbles grow in size until they are collapsed rapidly by the compression region of the sound wave.
More definitions of sound waveDefinition of sound wave in:
- The British & World English dictionary