Definition of soursop in English:
1A large acidic fruit with white fibrous flesh.
- The soursop, as its name suggests, is more acid than its relations, but the acidity varies and the pulp of some fruits can be eaten raw.
- Made from the gentle, distinctive soursop, it could be the new summer cooler of choice.
- Fruits like the star-apple, the soursop, the five-finger, the pomerac, the papaya, make a delicate feast for discerning palates.
2The evergreen tropical American tree that bears the soursop.
- Annona muricata, family Annonaceae
- Lianas and tree ferns tangled above thickets of bougainvillaea and Night Flowering Cereus: on either side rose great cathedrals of tamarind, buttressed by bushes of nutmeg and spandrels of soursop.
Definition of soursop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia