- 1(Of food, especially fish) preserved in a pickling solution or a marinade: soused herringMore example sentences
- A boned and stuffed quail, on a chestnut and cinnamon risotto with soused figs?
- Eat the soused herrings cold with plenty of brown bread and butter.
- Unlike soused herring, pickled herrings are raw when put into the vinegar and pickling spices.
- 2 • informal Drunk: I was soused to the eyeballsMore example sentences
- Mrs. Marchand was too soused to ask questions of her boarders or recall much information about them.
- The London managers, however, have planned to throw out all soused writers from the new place.
- Last night 2 soused cowpunchers had a real slugging knocking down rolling on the floor fight in the joint next door.