Definition of southeasterly in English:
Another term for southeast. [as adjective]: southeasterly winds [as adverb]: the route turns southeasterly
More example sentences
- There was a fresh east, south-easterly wind which took me towards land.
- The fire began at about 3pm on Thursday and gradually spread in south-easterly winds.
- The persistent heavy rain and south-easterly winds made thing very unpleasant for everyone, especially the first part of the day.
nounBack to top
another term for southeaster.
- These airstreams then turn northwards to the north of the Equator and meet the southern hemisphere south-easterlies in a trough zone south of the Equator.
- Throughout that Cape summer, as the prevailing south-easterlies blew long and warm from the Indian Ocean, they enjoyed a sybaritic life.
- Roaring south-easterlies of 35 knots and mountainous swells of about six metres during the 24 hours since Wednesday were hammering the yachts.
Definition of southeasterly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan