Definition of soybean in English:
1A widely cultivated plant of the pea family which produces edible seeds.
- Glycine max, family Leguminosae
- In leguminous crops such as soybean, the seed coat also has a significant impact in the agricultural marketplace as a component or by-product of processed seeds.
- Thermotolerance acquisition and expression of heat shock proteins has also been found in the cultivated leguminous soybean.
- As with many aspects of farming, planting soybeans into rye is still a process under development.
1.1The seed of the soybean plant, used in a variety of foods and fodder, especially as a replacement for animal protein.
- In addition, they reported that nonGM wheat is replacing GM corn and soybeans in their food products.
- Those allergic to soybeans must avoid eating foods containing its proteins.
- Despite the growing organic food business and protests of anti-G.M. food groups, Americans already eat lots of genetically modified food, mostly soybeans and corn.
Words that rhyme with soybeanbuckbean
Definition of soybean in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan