- 1A leguminous plant native to Asia, Glycine max, widely cultivated for its edible seeds.More example sentences
- In leguminous crops such as soybean, the seed coat also has a significant impact in the agricultural marketplace as a component or by-product of processed seeds.
- Thermotolerance acquisition and expression of heat shock proteins has also been found in the cultivated leguminous soybean.
- As with many aspects of farming, planting soybeans into rye is still a process under development.
- 1.1The seed of the soybean plant, used in a variety of foods and fodder, especially as a replacement for animal protein.More example sentences
- In addition, they reported that nonGM wheat is replacing GM corn and soybeans in their food products.
- Those allergic to soybeans must avoid eating foods containing its proteins.
- Despite the growing organic food business and protests of anti-G.M. food groups, Americans already eat lots of genetically modified food, mostly soybeans and corn.
More definitions of soybeanDefinition of soybean in:
- The British & World English dictionary