- An astronomical telescope that operates in space by remote control, to avoid interference by the earth’s atmosphere.More example sentences
- We can marvel at the latest images beamed back to earth from the Hubble space telescope or a spacecraft orbiting Mars.
- For comparative historical analysis, this should be a revolution of the same magnitude as the Hubble space telescope was in astronomy.
- The Hubble space telescope has been in orbit for 15 years, during which time it has taken over 750,000 images of the universe.
More definitions of space telescopeDefinition of space telescope in:
- The British & World English dictionary