Definition of spacewalk in English:
A period of physical activity engaged in by an astronaut in space outside a spacecraft.
- A Russian cosmonaut and an American astronaut are on a spacewalk outside the International Space Station.
- The device is unique in that it reduces the static charge in a self-regulating manner and allows astronauts to safely conduct spacewalks on and around the structure of the International Space Station.
- For the year that it will be located outside of the ISS this experiment facility will be measuring the radiation doses that would be experienced by astronauts during spacewalks.
- Example sentences
- American experts believe that water vapor jetting from a cooling unit in the backpack of spacewalkers is strong enough to turn the entire two-hundred-ton space station out of alignment.
- From inside Columbus, Nancy Currie will operate the robotic arm on the end of which, poised on a foot platform, one of the spacewalkers will work most of the time.
- During their three spacewalks they completed the installation of the laboratory, deployed communications equipment, installed a docking port and practiced techniques for rescuing an incapacitated spacewalker.
Definition of spacewalk in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan