A period of physical activity engaged in by an astronaut in space outside a spacecraft.
More example sentences
- A Russian cosmonaut and an American astronaut are on a spacewalk outside the International Space Station.
- The device is unique in that it reduces the static charge in a self-regulating manner and allows astronauts to safely conduct spacewalks on and around the structure of the International Space Station.
- For the year that it will be located outside of the ISS this experiment facility will be measuring the radiation doses that would be experienced by astronauts during spacewalks.
- More example sentences
- American experts believe that water vapor jetting from a cooling unit in the backpack of spacewalkers is strong enough to turn the entire two-hundred-ton space station out of alignment.
- From inside Columbus, Nancy Currie will operate the robotic arm on the end of which, poised on a foot platform, one of the spacewalkers will work most of the time.
- During their three spacewalks they completed the installation of the laboratory, deployed communications equipment, installed a docking port and practiced techniques for rescuing an incapacitated spacewalker.
Definition of spacewalk in:
- The British & World English dictionary