adjective (spacier, spaciest)informal
1Out of touch with reality, as though high on drugs: I remember babbling, high and spacey
More example sentences
- For herself, she was disorganised, spacey, as she remembers it, and found it difficult remembering where her stuff was between the two houses.
- And do you know, I'm still a bit spacey, and can't think of anything to write.
- It was rather disconcerting sitting with my eyes closed for so long and I started to feel really out of body and spacey.
1.1(Of popular, especially electronic music) drifting and ethereal.
- Here's another spacey, chill-out electronic album that features a DJ / producer and a sweet-sounding female vocalist.
- For better or worse, such earthly signposts work to ground the music's spacey ambience.
- The music became spacey and the vocals are like a child whispering cynical nothings in your ear.
Words that rhyme with spaceyBasie, Casey, Gracie, lacy, O'Casey, pace, pacy, precis, racy, Stacey, Sulawesi, Tracy
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of spacey in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.