Definition of spammy in English:
adjective (spammier, spammiest)informal
Denoting, relating to, or constituting Internet spam: in the past, the tactics that worked for Internet marketers were ‘in-your-face’ advertisements and spammy emails
More example sentences
- More and more people seem to be getting hit by competitors creating spammy links to try to get them into trouble.
- The better strategy would be to invest a bit more time into the research phase before throwing $2,000 into a bunch of spammy directories.
- Looks pretty spammy to me, and I'm wondering what your recommendation is?
- Example sentences
- He proposed a way of generating a particularly useful spamminess indicator based on the combined probabilities.
- Forget about disguising trigger words by replacing letters with punctuation marks, which is seen as an indication of "spamminess."
- We will use this data and software to train our system by generating a probability for each word that represents its spamminess.
Definition of spammy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan