adjective (spammier, spammiest)informal
Denoting, relating to, or constituting Internet spam: in the past, the tactics that worked for Internet marketers were ‘in-your-face’ advertisements and spammy e-mails
More example sentences
- More and more people seem to be getting hit by competitors creating spammy links to try to get them into trouble.
- The better strategy would be to invest a bit more time into the research phase before throwing $2,000 into a bunch of spammy directories.
- Looks pretty spammy to me, and I'm wondering what your recommendation is?
- More example sentences
- He proposed a way of generating a particularly useful spamminess indicator based on the combined probabilities.
- Forget about disguising trigger words by replacing letters with punctuation marks, which is seen as an indication of "spamminess."
- We will use this data and software to train our system by generating a probability for each word that represents its spamminess.
Definition of spammy in:
- The British & World English dictionary