Definition of spammy in English:
adjective (spammier, spammiest)informal
Denoting, relating to, or constituting Internet spam: in the past, the tactics that worked for Internet marketers were ‘in-your-face’ advertisements and spammy emails
More example sentences
- Legitimate information risks being crowded out by junky, spammy imitations.
- Meanwhile, working at home is not like how the spammy adverts portray.
- Spammers sometimes use IP addresses instead of domain names to make the spammy sites harder to spot.
- spamminess noun
- Example sentences
- He proposed a way of generating a particularly useful spamminess indicator based on the combined probabilities.
- Forget about disguising trigger words by replacing letters with punctuation marks, which is seen as an indication of "spamminess."
- We will use this data and software to train our system by generating a probability for each word that represents its spamminess.
Definition of spammy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.