Definition of sparkler in English:
1.2 informal A gemstone, especially a diamond.
- Aguilera wore a Christian Lacroix dress and the pair exchanged wedding bands designed by London-based jeweller Stephen Webster, who also created the singer's five-carat diamond sparkler.
- And Kate eventually set her heart on a £60,000 diamond sparkler.
1.3 informal A sparkling wine.
- Wine sales explode in the period between Thanksgiving and New Year's, and some categories, like dessert wines and sparklers, are more popular now than any other time.
- In addition to low alcohol, this wine shares something in common with two of my favorite Italian sparklers, Moscato d' Asti & Brachetto d' Acqui - residual sugar.
- You'll find the full range of wines here, from sparklers and minerally whites to full-bodied reds and sweet finishers.
Definition of sparkler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan