(also spartina grass)
Definition of spartina in English:
A plant of a genus that comprises the cordgrasses.
- Genus Spartina, family Gramineae
- Determined to get a river view, I climbed a high bank and looked across windswept spartina grass.
- Decaying spartina grass breaks into small pieces called detritus fueling the bottom of the food chain.
- These are the mudflats that the alien spartina we have introduced is now turning to meadows.
Definition of spartina in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan