- 1An implement with a broad, flat, blunt blade, used for mixing and spreading things, especially in cooking and painting.More example sentences
- After about 2 minutes of stirring, take the mixture off the heat and, using a spatula, spread it evenly onto a non-stick baking pan with raised edges.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the batter on a silpat-lined sheet pan to form 12 thin triangles.
- In the kitchen I took out some eggs and the frying pan with the spatula and started to fry some eggs
- 1.1 British term for tongue depressor.
early 16th century: from Latin, variant of spathula, diminutive of spatha (see spathe).
More definitions of spatulaDefinition of spatula in:
- The British & World English dictionary