Definition of special case in English:
1A situation or person that has unusual qualities or needs.
- Still, except for a few special cases, most films are made a certain way.
- He hardly wore the hood, except for special cases like when we were riding last night.
- What we have in this example is not a special case but a specially clear case.
2 Law A written statement of fact presented by litigants to a court.
- The special case came before Mr Recorder Jarvis sitting in the Weymouth County Court.
- They are facts stated in the special case, your Honour.
- In terms of its status, it is material put before the Court in a special case.
Definition of special case in:
- British & World English dictionary