- 1A verdict that requires an answer to a specific detailed question.More example sentences
- No application was made to the trial judge for a special verdict.
- 1.1A verdict that an accused is not guilty by reason of insanity.More example sentences
- The acquittal will take the form of the special verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity resulting in committal to a mental hospital.
- The jury were asked to render a special verdict.
- I have been asked several times whether I am in favour of a special verdict.
More definitions of special verdictDefinition of special verdict in:
- The British & World English dictionary