- For a special purpose: they have been fabricated specially for this boat [as submodifier]: a specially commissioned reportMore example sentences
- The money is being raised through schemes specially floated for this purpose.
- You can buy hair products specially formulated to remove some chlorine buildup and restore body.
- There is little to suggest that it was specially commissioned.
On the differences between specially and especially, see especially (usage).
More definitions of speciallyDefinition of specially in:
- The British & World English dictionary