- The ratio of the density of a substance to the density of a standard, usually water for a liquid or solid, and air for a gas.More example sentences
- The common glycols are colorless liquids with specific gravities greater than that of water.
- Invest in a hydrometer, which measures the specific gravity of liquids, available at winemaking supply shops.
- The lower specific gravity of this new material also reduces tyre weight and rolling inertia, thus further improving fuel efficiency.
More definitions of specific gravityDefinition of specific gravity in:
- The British & World English dictionary