Definition of spectacled in English:
- ‘Hello, Bryn’, Drew said dryly, looking up at the spectacled young man.
- Cut to a younger, spottier and more heavily spectacled Jim sitting in a chair.
- A story circulated quite recently that a leading British professional, who will remain nameless to preserve his reputation, once suffered the indignity of a humiliating beating while at school - against the spectacled class boffin.
1.1Used in names of animals with markings that resemble spectacles.
- Teams searched large areas on foot, recording and mapping all occurrences of Steller's or spectacled eiders, as well as predators such as gulls, jaegers, and foxes.
- In February 2001, critical habitat in western coastal Alaska was designated in four areas for the threatened spectacled eider and in five areas for the Steller's eider.
- Only the spectacled and panda bears are vegetarians.
Definition of spectacled in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan