Definition of spectacled bear in English:
A South American bear with a black or dark brown coat and white markings around the eyes.
- Tremarctos ornatus, family Ursidae
- Rhinos, giraffes, spectacled bears, baboons, monkeys, cheetahs and lions have large enclosures in which to roam around, while other creatures, such as ring-tailed lemurs, run wild.
- Since the early 1990s, researchers have been applying the technique to spectacled bears, cougars, foxes, pine martens, chimpanzees, gorillas, and many other species.
- Its only living relative is the spectacled bear of South America.
Definition of spectacled bear in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.