Definition of spectator in English:
A person who watches at a show, game, or other event.
- These have every appearance of being intended for the use of spectators watching sporting events.
- She was a spectator, a spectator watching her life break apart before her eyes.
- Most of the spectators were gathered watching his game, and I was glad that they could not see the dilemma I was in.
- ( rare)Example sentences
- We must question, however, the actual usefulness of such a characterization of spectatorial submission to the visual image of film.
- The dancers no longer performed for the spectatorial look but rather, engaged with the crowd in immediate exchange.
- He takes a protective but also frankly spectatorial interest in the lives of his tenants, following their dramas with the fascination of a soap opera addict.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.