Definition of spectator in English:
A person who watches at a show, game, or other event.
- These have every appearance of being intended for the use of spectators watching sporting events.
- She was a spectator, a spectator watching her life break apart before her eyes.
- Most of the spectators were gathered watching his game, and I was glad that they could not see the dilemma I was in.
- ( rare )Example sentences
- We must question, however, the actual usefulness of such a characterization of spectatorial submission to the visual image of film.
- The dancers no longer performed for the spectatorial look but rather, engaged with the crowd in immediate exchange.
- He takes a protective but also frankly spectatorial interest in the lives of his tenants, following their dramas with the fascination of a soap opera addict.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan