- An instrument for taking photographs of the sun in light of one wavelength only.More example sentences
- He invented the spectroheliograph in 1892, a device that allowed him to view the sun in individual wavelengths of light.
- Hale also gained prominence as an astronomer with his invention of the spectroheliograph and the discovery of magnetic fields in sunspots.
- The most important advantages of this form of spectroheliograph is the large field photographed.
More definitions of spectroheliographDefinition of spectroheliograph in:
- The British & World English dictionary