- Computing The ability of a computer to identify and respond to the sounds produced in human speech: [as modifier]: speech recognition technologiesMore example sentences
- Progress has been made in speech recognition and automatic translation engines, and a convergence with search engines is just beginning to be discernible.
- The use of computerized speech recognition in medicine was first described in radiology in 1981.
- Currently, speech recognition takes place at the software level, and its precision varies enormously, depending on what you want the system to do.
More definitions of speech recognitionDefinition of speech recognition in:
- The British & World English dictionary