Definition of speech synthesizer in English:
A machine that generates spoken language on the basis of written input.
- He attends an adult day-care program each day, speaks with a speech synthesizer, and stands every evening, using a supportive frame.
- This ‘alternative’ text is generally hidden if the image is displayed or visible to the user but it can be picked up and spoken by a speech synthesizer, or other alternative output device, for a blind or visually impaired user.
- The phonological output of the system is directly available as input to a speech synthesizer.
- 1speech synthesis
- Example sentences
- The visual data will be fused with some of the best speech recognition software, advanced natural language processing, and speech synthesis in the world.
- Major applications of phonetics have been made in such areas as language teaching, speech therapy, and automatic speech synthesis and recognition.
- The Edinburgh centre, led by Professor Mark Steedman, is working on speech synthesis, language and intonation.
Pronunciation: /ˌspēCH ˈsinTHəsis/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.