Definition of speedwriting in English:
A form of shorthand using the letters of the alphabet.
- A cheap kitchen timer works well for speedwriting as it will signal you when your time is up.
- The purpose of the notes is to show that speedwriting based on Forkner transcription is a very flexible, fun, fast way to learn speedwriting.
- But who wants to spend months learning traditional speedwriting and shorthand?
- Example sentences
- This year, an estimated 60,000 speedwriters are taking part and there are local chapters scattered across the UK, from Brighton to Birmingham.
- ‘Short Shrift for Shorthand’ speaks of a diminishing need for speedwriters.
- I need to address the overwhelming overflow of idiots that seem to think that the comments area on this blog is meant to be tagged and spray painted with advertisements about becoming speedwriters, and get rich quick schemes.
Definition of speedwriting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia