Definition of spell something out in English:
1Speak the letters that form a word in sequence.
- I was communicating by spelling things out on a letter board.
- At this rate, I would be surprised if she started spelling the words out for us.
- Sarah practically spelled the words out to him and he showed no signs of knowing what the hell she was talking about.
1.1Explain something in detail: I’ll spell out the problem again
More example sentences
- He said his plans will be spelled out in more detail in the strategy he will present to the EU later this week.
- One area where costs are spelled out in detail is that of executive salary packages.
- The details of the agreement will be spelled out in a contract.
Definition of spell something out in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan