1Speak the letters that form a word in sequence.
- I was communicating by spelling things out on a letter board.
- At this rate, I would be surprised if she started spelling the words out for us.
- Sarah practically spelled the words out to him and he showed no signs of knowing what the hell she was talking about.
1.1Explain something in detail: I’ll spell out the problem again
More example sentences
- He said his plans will be spelled out in more detail in the strategy he will present to the EU later this week.
- One area where costs are spelled out in detail is that of executive salary packages.
- The details of the agreement will be spelled out in a contract.
Definition of spell something out in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.