The exploration of caves, especially as a hobby.
More example sentences
- With lots of grutas or caves, spelunking and cave exploration is also possible in the Yucatan, though is not well developed yet for tourism.
- Although Birmans are a placid, gentle race whose serenity rivals that of the Dalai Lama, they are as capable as the next cat of pulling the occasional caper - wind surfing or spelunking for example.
- Outdoor activities such as kayaking, spelunking and extreme sports have also become popular escapes from the fast pace of modern life.
- More example sentences
- The grotto members are not spelunkers; they are ‘cavers.’
- ‘We are spelunkers, examining stalagmites today,’ Susie tells me, concentrating on the rock formation at her feet.
- Avid spelunkers may spend days or even weeks underground finding connections between vast underground cave systems.
Definition of spelunking in:
- The British & World English dictionary