A substance that kills spermatozoa, used as a contraceptive.
More example sentences
- Condoms may not be the most suitable method of contraception if either partner has an allergy to latex rubber, plastic or spermicides.
- They contain a spermicide - a chemical that damages or kills the sperm.
- Nonhormone chemical contraceptives also include spermicides, which, as their name indicates, deactivate and kill sperm before they can fertilize the egg.
- More example sentences
- You must use some kind of birth control (such as birth control pills or condoms plus spermicidal foam, or not having any sex).
- Use of spermicidal jellies and creams increases susceptibility to infection by altering the vaginal flora and increasing the adhesion of Candida organisms.
- If intercourse occurs more than once during the six hours that the diaphragm must remain in place, additional spermicidal jelly first should be inserted into the vagina.
Definition of spermicide in:
- The British & World English dictionary