Definition of spermicide in English:
A substance that kills spermatozoa, used as a contraceptive.
- Condoms may not be the most suitable method of contraception if either partner has an allergy to latex rubber, plastic or spermicides.
- They contain a spermicide - a chemical that damages or kills the sperm.
- Nonhormone chemical contraceptives also include spermicides, which, as their name indicates, deactivate and kill sperm before they can fertilize the egg.
- Example sentences
- You must use some kind of birth control (such as birth control pills or condoms plus spermicidal foam, or not having any sex).
- Use of spermicidal jellies and creams increases susceptibility to infection by altering the vaginal flora and increasing the adhesion of Candida organisms.
- If intercourse occurs more than once during the six hours that the diaphragm must remain in place, additional spermicidal jelly first should be inserted into the vagina.
Words that rhyme with spermicidegermicide
Definition of spermicide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.