Definition of sphagnum in English:
A plant of a genus that comprises the peat mosses.
- Genus Sphagnum, family Sphagnaceae
- Rotted cow manure, compost, shredded sphagnum, granulated peat moss, sawdust and ground corncobs are some materials that may be worked thoroughly into the soil.
- Most peat is made up of peat moss, or sphagnum, but it often includes other kinds of vegetation, such as trees and even animal remains.
- Moss, specifically sphagnum, is the lifeblood of any bog.
Definition of sphagnum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia