- 1Shaped like a sphere.More example sentences
- A tiny somewhat spherical shaped object appeared off in the distance, moving quickly and effortlessly to the side of the craft.
- I get dressed in my armor, and then I touch the spherical shaped switch that will bring the lift up to my room.
- The elliptical shape can curve, but a round spherical shape can not.
- 1.1Of or relating to the properties of spheres.More example sentences
- The design of contact lenses can be divided into spherical, toric and multifocal.
- The small incision induces minimal postoperative astigmatism (change in the spherical curvature of the cornea).
- Typically, a neutron star will have the mass of one and a half suns compressed into a spherical volume just 10-15 km in diameter.
- 1.2Formed inside or on the surface of a sphere.More example sentences
- For example, he held that fire rises in order to reach its natural place, a spherical shell just inside the orbit of the moon.
- Axonometric distortion creates the illusion that these rows occur upon spherical surfaces: they appear to overlay a field of bulging convexities and receding concavities.
- They then wrote software to design circuits on spherical surfaces without distorting the physics of electrons that whiz through wires thinner than a human hair.
- More example sentences
- Within a few minutes of calcium overload, the mitochondria, which started as elongated organelles, rounded up into spherically shaped particles.
- David knew that each of the five spherically shaped machines contain just one zligit crystal, each crystal capable of focusing up to twelve megawatts of quantum energy.
- If it has been expanding spherically at the speed of light since the big bang, then I can't see how it can be bigger than 20 billion to 30 billion light years across.
late 15th century: via late Latin from Greek sphairikos, from sphaira (see sphere).