- A loss of definition in the image arising from the surface geometry of a spherical mirror or lens.More example sentences
- The undercorrected spherical aberration of the mirror is offset by the overcorrected spherical aberration of the negative lens.
- Typical aberrations that can impact imaging performance include astigmatism, chromatic aberration, and spherical aberration.
- This spherical aberration means that an observer looking at a background star through a gravitational lens sees two magnified and distorted images on opposite sides of the lensing star.
More definitions of spherical aberrationDefinition of spherical aberration in:
- The British & World English dictionary