(also spherical polar coordinates)
Definition of spherical coordinates in English:
Three coordinates that define the location of a point in three-dimensional space. They are the length of its radius vector r, the angle θ between the vertical plane containing this vector and the x-axis, and the angle φ between this vector and the horizontal x-y plane.
- Usually written (r, θ, φ)
- The company's virtual interface allows a user to enter, on a computer screen, the desired field vector of a three-axis magnet in Cartesian, cylindrical, or spherical coordinates.
- To this end, we consider a spherical boundary, for which the Poisson equation can be solved by expanding the potential in spherical coordinates.
- We propose to develop algorithms for the calculation of synthetic seismograms for anisotropic Earth models in spherical coordinates.
Definition of spherical coordinates in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.