- A triangle formed by three arcs of great circles on a sphere.More example sentences
- In Book I of Sphaerica he set up the basis for treating spherical triangles as Euclid treated plane triangles.
- The work contains formulas for right-handed triangles, the general law of sines, and the solution of a spherical triangle by means of the polar triangle.
- His tables for solving the problems of spherical astronomy can be seen to be tables which solve spherical triangles using a method similar to the modern cosine rule.
More definitions of spherical triangleDefinition of spherical triangle in:
- The British & World English dictionary