A small sphere.
More example sentences
- The impact record would be preserved in spherules - microscopic glass beads formed when droplets of molten basalt splashed out of a crater.
- Within the dermis were multiple aggregates of faintly basophilic spherules.
- The smear revealed numerous spherules admixed with acute inflammatory cells.
mid 17th century: from late Latin sphaerula, diminutive of Latin sphaera (see sphere).
- More example sentences
- The physical properties of the collected spherular silica gel particles are also shown in Table 2.
- Finally, special sintering routines were carried to harvest spherular HA granules.
- Asteroid hyalopathy is a monocular non-inflammatory disorder of the vitreous characterized by an accumulation of minute white spherular particles within an otherwise apparently normal vitreous gel.
Definition of spherule in:
- The British & World English dictionary