Definition of spicebush in English:
A North American shrub with aromatic leaves, bark, and fruit. The leaves were formerly used for a tea and the fruit as an allspice substitute.
- Lindera benzoin, family Lauraceae
- Smaller trees and shrubs include red maple, Carolina allspice, and the fragrant spicebush.
- These included such hardy species as red chokeberry, buttonbush, spicebush and red twig dogwood.
- Common midstory and understory species included red maple, American beech, greenbrier, and spicebush.
Definition of spicebush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.