- A crab with long thin legs and a compact pear-shaped body, which is camouflaged in some kinds by attached sponges and seaweed.
More example sentences
- Majidae and other families, order Decapoda: Macropodia and other genera
- Another sea creature which needs friends to survive is the small spider crab which finds camouflage in the canopy of living sponges.
- A spider crab picks its way carefully over a reef covered with sponges and invertebrates.
- We particularly enjoyed the swim-throughs, an encounter with a large spider crab and a friendly moray.
More definitions of spider crabDefinition of spider crab in:
- The British & World English dictionary