Definition of spider crab in English:
A crab with long thin legs and a compact pear-shaped body, which is camouflaged in some kinds by attached sponges and seaweed.
- Majidae and other families, order Decapoda: Macropodia and other genera
- Another sea creature which needs friends to survive is the small spider crab which finds camouflage in the canopy of living sponges.
- A spider crab picks its way carefully over a reef covered with sponges and invertebrates.
- We particularly enjoyed the swim-throughs, an encounter with a large spider crab and a friendly moray.
Definition of spider crab in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia