Definition of spider flower in English:
A plant with clusters of flowers that have long protruding stamens or styles, giving the flower head a spiderlike appearance.
- ● A South American plant (genus Cleome, family Capparidaceae, in particular C. hassleriana). ● An Australian grevillea.
- If you grow plants that are notorious self-seeders, such as spider flower, removing the mulch at the end of the season will help to clear away most of the seeds as well.
- Cleome, or spider flower, another reseeding annual, will give a bed height with its white, pink/purple blooms.
- The images of the other four spider flowers were taken in the Lane Cove National Park in Sydney.
Definition of spider flower in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan