Definition of spider lily in English:
A lily that typically has long slender petals or elongated petallike parts around the flower.
- Hymenocallis and other genera, family Liliaceae (or Amaryllidaceae)
- Also called the red spider lily or red hurricane lily, it's topped with a complex, bright-red flower with many very long stamens.
- A favorite is Lycoris radiata, sometimes called fall spider lily, which produces crimson spidery umbels late August to October on 12-to 18-inch bloom stalks before the foliage appears.
- Fox was, for instance, planting 60 additional palm trees on Maya Beach for the benefit of the cameras, and bulldozing sand to widen the strip, and temporarily uprooting native spider lilies and grasses.
Definition of spider lily in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan