- 1A web made by a spider.More example sentences
- The costume was enough to send a person with arachnophobia into fits with its spiderweb and small spiders.
- For example, he has chapters on spiderwebs, sea shells and segmentation.
- Ancient dust and grimy spiderwebs festooned her coverall.
- 1.1A thing resembling a spiderweb: the spiderweb of overhead transmission linesMore example sentences
- It formed a twisting spiderweb of lines and patterns, a swirling sprawl of lightning that stretched out into infinity.
- Four days had passed, while the final party of determined villagers traced a course like a spiderweb all over the southern half of the district, even marching through his own clearing one rainy afternoon.
- Aligore had become well-acquainted with that whip over the last several hours; the spiderweb of streaked gashes along his back was a testament to this fact.
verb (spiderwebs, spiderwebbing, spiderwebbed)[with object] Back to top
- Cover with a pattern resembling a spiderweb: a glass block spiderwebbed with cracksMore example sentences
- The glass of the doors was spiderwebbed and ready to shatter.
- He considered the texture of the ground at his feet, the gray asphalt of the highway, spiderwebbed with cracks, and the ragged line of white paint, frozen in a futile battle with the encroaching dust.
- It was white plaster, flaked, peeling, spiderwebbed with cracks.
More definitions of spiderwebDefinition of spiderweb in:
- The British & World English dictionary